In this course, we visit upholstery solutions provider Kaas Tailored to get an up-close look at how they manage their high-mix low-volume production, promote kaizen, build management routines through gemba walks and daily accountability practices, and balance long-term hoshin plans with monthly experimentation. We also join a tour group as they learn about the seven types of waste and witness various flow simulations. Watch and be inspired by all the improvements the Kaas Tailored team has made so far on their lean journey.
How Long-Term Hoshin Objectives Turn Into Annual Goals and Small Experiments
Gemba Academy Co-Founder Jon Miller interviews Jeff Kaas, President of Kaas Tailored, on how they set their objectives. Jeff also explains why they perform small experiments as opposed to focusing on annual goals.
- 0:50 How Kaas Tailored translates their objectives to individual goals
- 1:27 True pull
- 2:30 Making routines 3 times better
- 5:16 Cutting Muri by 50%
- 6:44 Using only 3 projects per objective
- 10:14 Reflecting after achieving the objectives
- 14:30 How departments and function-level activities align with the hoshin process