Presentations from the 2019 KataCon5 event. KataCon is the annual gathering place for Toyota Kata Geeks across North America and around the globe. It’s where the “convinced” and the “curious” gather to share what they’re learning, freely and enthusiastically.
Improvement Kata Step 2 - Grasp the Current Condition
Oscar Roche explains how to perform the second step of improvement kata, which involves completely understanding the current condition before moving forward.
- 0:44 - The dog and snake example
- 3:24 - Why do we have this second step?
- 5:49 - What having a “good grasp of your current condition” looks like
- 7:41 - How can we achieve a good grasp of the current condition?
- 8:59 - Do people’s feelings count as part of the current condition?
- 10:56 - What you might need to capture the current condition