Gemba Walk Workshop
The best way to truly understand processes and identify potential areas of improvement is to observe the action up close. In this course, we join author, speaker, and consultant Michael Bremer for an onsite gemba walk workshop at Freetech Plastics in Fremont, California. Watch and listen as Michael explains the ideal questions, behaviors, and overall strategies that go into a respectful, effective gemba walk.
What Is the Primary Responsibility of a Leader?
Are leaders supposed to focus solely on developing people? Author and consultant Michael Bremer describes their true role in an organization.
- 0:07 - A leader’s primary responsibility
- 2:11 - Stabilizing processes
- 3:58 - Why it’s iterative
- 4:24 - Focusing on a meaningful target
- 7:15 - Why gemba walks aren’t “magical”