Gemba Walk Workshop
The best way to truly understand processes and identify potential areas of improvement is to observe the action up close. In this course, we join author, speaker, and consultant Michael Bremer for an onsite gemba walk workshop at Freetech Plastics in Fremont, California. Watch and listen as Michael explains the ideal questions, behaviors, and overall strategies that go into a respectful, effective gemba walk.
Freetech Gemba Walk #4 - CNC Machine
Safety is one of the most compelling reasons to incorporate gemba walks into your lean practice. Author and consultant Michael Bremer addresses the potential safety hazards involved in using some of the equipment at Freetech.
- 0:48 - What’s difficult about the operator’s job
- 3:47 - How management addresses cleanliness
- 4:48 - How the loading process could be improved
- 9:02 - Safety issues with a band saw
- 11:37 - How often they hit the mark