The Gemba Academy crew takes a road trip to Lancaster Texas to meet up with the folks behind Texas Nameplate. This video series is focused on sustainability.
Mina Hsu, Director of Sales and Dan Crownover, Administrative Manager, walk Ron through the process of how Texas Nameplate worked as a team to go paperless throughout the facility, even developing their own ERP.
- 0:19 - Introduction to Mina Hsu
- 01:00 - The journey from papers to paperless
- 02:17 - How many trees per year were being killed by their previous process?
- 03:00 - Other costs savings realized by going paperless
- 03:40 - Productivity gains
- 05:24 - The transition process and developing their own ERP
- 09:04 - Advice for getting started on a paperless transition
- 11:45 - Elimination of papercuts!
- 13:20 - Running parallel facilities on the power of paperless