Gemba Academy for Healthcare
Lean and Six Sigma principles can be leveraged in virtually any industry, and healthcare is no exception. From maximizing operating room usage, to improving communication between doctors and nurses, to reducing medical supply waste and ER wait times, there are countless ways that continuous improvement can have a profound impact on your facility.
Our engaging video-based curriculum teaches you how to remove the struggle so you can focus on what matters most: the patients.
What Can Lean and Six Sigma Do for You?
Lean improvements don’t have to be drastic to yield impressive results.
The Endoscopy team at Franciscan Health in Indianapolis noticed that their patients were struggling to swallow the nasty liquid required for an already uncomfortable probe procedure. A simple switch to applesauce not only greatly increased patient satisfaction, but now saves the organization $30,000 annually.
Whether you're a small private practice, a hospital network, or a nonprofit organization, we will work with you to find a subscription package that best meets your needs. Some of our healthcare customers have included:
School of Lean / School of Six Sigma
- 3Ps - The 7 Flows of Healthcare
- A3 Thinking - The Proposal A3 with Michael Lombard
- 5S Workplace Productivity
- Standard Work Course
- Culture of Kaizen
- Design of Experiments
Gemba Academy Live!
At The Gemba
- Siouxland Lean Conference - 2014
- Siouxland Lean Conference - 2015
- Lean Kanban NA
- Lean Leadership Week 2015
Interviews & Webinars
- Mark Graban - Healthcare Kaizen
- Mark Graban - Lean Hospitals
- Mark Graban & Gregory Jacobson - A Doctor’s Perspective on Kaizen in Healthcare
- Mark Graban - Stories of the Eight Types of Waste in Healthcare
- Mark Graban - Putting the Continuous Back Into Continuous Improvement
- Michael Lombard - 10 Lessons from Practicing Toyota Kata
- Reflections on 25 Years of Lean - Lean Healthcare
- GA 004 | Leveraging the Toyota Kata Approach to Learning & Coaching with Michael Lombard
- GA 007 | Using Lean Thinking to Transform the Healthcare Industry with Mark Graban
- GA 015 | Lean Healthcare in Tanzania with Mike Grogan
- GA 044 | Beyond Heroes with Kim Barnas
- GA 046 | Lean in Japan with Mark Graban
- GA 067 | Lean Dentistry with Dr. Sami Bahri, DDS
- GA 071 | Practicing Lean with Mark Graban