Without standards, there’s no way to know if your continuous improvement efforts move the needle in the right direction.
Standard Work is defined as the most effective combination of people, materials, and equipment. An essential building block in the Lean management system, Standard Work serves as the basis for evaluation and improvement.
The Standard Work methodology defines and documents best practices that make it possible to complete tasks the same way each time, eliminating the variables that can lead to quality issues and wasted time and resources.
Whether you’re struggling to get waste under control, achieve operational consistency, or establish a Lean culture, our Standard Work video training series can help you build a foundation for sustainable, long-term improvements in any work environment.
2h 2mVer video en Español
What You’ll Learn in this Standard Work Training Course
Standard Work is essential for maintaining stability, solving problems, and making continuous improvements. Our Standard Work training series was designed to help learners from all industries apply this methodology within their own organizations.
In this 15-module series, we will:
- Introduce the concept of Standard Work, its benefits, and how it fits in with Lean.
- Explain the key ingredients that make a “good standard” and how to create a recipe of your own.
- Discuss the four types of Standard Work and share Standard Work practice examples across different work environments.
- Introduce tools like the time observation sheet, combination sheets, and process capacity.
- Walk you through the steps of bringing all Standard Work tools together.