Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
If you’re familiar with Lean, you know that reducing waste is a big part of this methodology.
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) aims to reduce losses and waste related to the condition and maintenance of production equipment.
TPM is a method for achieving maximum equipment effectiveness that provides workers with a framework for efficiently caring for the equipment they use, which reduces the costs associated with repairs and replacements and eliminates downtime.
Gemba Academy’s Total Productive Maintenance course explains TPM’s core fundamentals, benefits, and what you lose when you don’t make maintenance a priority.
What You’ll Learn in this Total Productive Maintenance Course
TPM is about more than establishing better maintenance practices: It’s a collaborative effort that requires close coordination between stakeholders at every level. Done right, TPM helps companies achieve greater efficiency and cost-savings.
In this Total Productive Maintenance video course series, Lean expert Mike Wroblewski explains the core fundamentals of TPM, why it matters, and how to implement this process in your own organization.
Here’s a brief overview of what you can expect from this course.
- You’ll learn what TPM is and the essential role it plays in Lean management. This course will explain how you can build a stronger, healthier company by taking care of your machines.
- You’ll learn how the TPM approach prevents breakdowns and minimizes the need for extensive maintenance.
- Mike introduces each of the 8 Pillars of TPM and its four phases, using real Total Productive Maintenance examples from a past Kaizen event to explain this process in action.
- He’ll also break down TPM’s 6 Big Losses and explain how to measure them using the Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) metric to identify problem areas.
- You’ll also learn how to engage operators in a maintenance process known as Autonomous Maintenance. Mike explains how to handle planning, spare parts, and training using simple spreadsheets.
Benefits of this Gemba Academy Online Total Productive Maintenance Course
After completing this Total Productive Maintenance training course, learners will understand how TPM can be used to eliminate waste areas and set the stage for competitive performance.
Watch anytime, on any device.
Our TPM online course is part of a growing library of 2,000+ Lean and Six Sigma video training lessons. Subscribers can access materials anytime, from any device, making it easy for them to take lessons on their own time.
Lessons based on real-world insights.
Course content is created and taught by real Lean experts who pass on lessons learned from lived experience working with a diverse range of clients from all over the world.
Supplemental resources reinforce training.
Gemba Academy’s online training programs are designed for knowledge retention. Courses include resources like Excel templates, PDF quizzes, and calculators that allow teams to implement Lean tools and concepts as they learn them.