The Kaizen Way
Part-philosophy, part-action plan, Kaizen relies on everyone from C‑suite executives to front-line workers continuously making small changes anywhere that there’s potential for improvement.
Done right, Kaizen unifies an organization’s collective talent pool and turns it into a powerful improvement engine, resulting in higher-quality products, more efficient processes, and happier customers.
Our Kaizen training module, The Kaizen Way, introduces the methodology and explains why Kaizen is a critical element in any Lean system.
We’ll explain what it takes to create Kaizen culture, how to run a Kaizen event (and why you should), and share examples of how real organizations are applying these core principles to drive measurable improvements.
What You’ll Learn in this Online Kaizen Course
This online training program speaks to Kaizen’s inherent duality and digs into both the philosophy and the actions that define this fundamental Lean methodology. We’ll explain:
- What Kaizen is and its role in the Lean enterprise.
- The 3 Gens, a philosophical principle that takes decision-makers to where the “action” is so that they can gather facts from the source via conversations with employees and direct observation.
- How to build a culture where everyone is engaged in driving the regular, incremental improvements that lead to long-term gains in all areas.
- How to implement Kaizen’s five-step process for continuously setting and improving standards.
- What a Kaizen event is and provide a roadmap for the high-speed 5‑day event. We’ll also teach you how to focus on rapid problem-solving and how to think critically about identifying and implementing solutions.
Benefits of Gemba Academy’s Kaizen Training Course
This Kaizen training course will teach you how to develop a culture and an action plan that, together, drive continuous improvement and set the stage for long-term success.
Expert insights on-demand.
Gemba Academy boasts a growing library of 2,000+ on-demand training videos hosted by business transformation experts with real-world experience.
Site-based subscription models.
We offer site-based subscriptions to the Gemba Academy Learning Library, which means we charge per location, not by user, giving companies an affordable, scalable solution for ongoing training. We’re also adding new content all the time, so you won’t run out of material.
Lean learning for continuous improvement.
Gemba Academy shares every Lean lesson in 8 – 10 minute bursts, as research has shown that adults retain more information when content is short and sweet. Videos are conversational and designed with efficiency in mind, ensuring there’s zero waste in the learning experience.