Gemba Walk Workshop
The best way to truly understand processes and identify potential areas of improvement is to observe the action up close. In this course, we join author, speaker, and consultant Michael Bremer for an onsite gemba walk workshop at Freetech Plastics in Fremont, California. Watch and listen as Michael explains the ideal questions, behaviors, and overall strategies that go into a respectful, effective gemba walk.
The Keys to Doing Successful Gemba Walks
As far as a gemba walk goes, are some questions better than others? Author and consultant Michael Bremer explains why this is the case.
- 0:45 - Asking “Why?” questions
- 3:11 - Asking open-ended questions
- 10:21 - Seeking to understand
- 13:52 - Walking with humility and showing respect
- 19:24 - When to start coaching