Gemba Kaizen: JIT Pays
Gemba Academy continues to grow its library of Lean and Six Sigma learning resources every day. Along with our brand new videos, we also have a rich archive of content featuring concepts that are as relevant today as they were in the early days of lean. Originally produced by the Kaizen Institute, we are delighted to share with you this video series on kaizen and Just-in-Time production.
Part Supply and Kanban
Kanban is a subsystem of JIT that reduces muda. See how parts and components flow smoothly throughout the production floor with this system, preventing operators from engaging in activities that are considered muda so they can concentrate on providing value.
- 0:09 – Introduction to the kanban system
- 0:53 – The function of the Mizusumashi
- 1:59 – How the kanban system works
- 2:20 – The anatomy of a kanban and the process it promotes
- 3:48 – The many benefits of the kanban system