Presentations from the 2019 KataCon5 event. KataCon is the annual gathering place for Toyota Kata Geeks across North America and around the globe. It’s where the “convinced” and the “curious” gather to share what they’re learning, freely and enthusiastically.
You Can’t Ride My Bike - Deliberate Practice of New Routines
Stephen Derksen demonstrates the importance of deliberate practice in being successful at Toyota Kata by using an unusual mechanism -- a backwards bike.
- 0:29 - The backwards bike example
- 4:24 - Stephen’s experience with the bike
- 6:48 - The bike applied to Toyota Kata
- 8:45 - Toyota Kata defined
- 8:49 - Adopting lessons from Toyota Kata