Presentations from the 2019 KataCon5 event. KataCon is the annual gathering place for Toyota Kata Geeks across North America and around the globe. It’s where the “convinced” and the “curious” gather to share what they’re learning, freely and enthusiastically.
The A3 as a Method to Create a Pattern of Thinking
Mike Rother discusses how techniques like A3 and PDCA could be understood as methods to foster a pattern of thinking instead of checklists to be followed rigidly.
- 0:08 - Learning differences between experts and learners
- 0:52 - Experimenting while still grasping the current condition
- 2:06 - Methods as ways to create patterns of thinking
- 2:51 - Finding the knowledge threshold
- 5:04 - Using A3 as a pattern to develop a routine
- 7:28 - Belichick-Brady example