Lean Journey Interviews: Texas Nameplate
The Gemba Academy crew takes a road trip to Lancaster Texas to meet up with the folks behind Texas Nameplate. This video series is focused on sustainability.
This video series is available for free for a limited time.
Mina Hsu, Director of Sales and Dan Crownover, Administrative Manager, walk Ron through the process of how Texas Nameplate worked as a team to go paperless throughout the facility, even developing their own ERP.
- 0:19 - Introduction to Mina Hsu
- 01:00 - The journey from papers to paperless
- 02:17 - How many trees per year were being killed by their previous process?
- 03:00 - Other costs savings realized by going paperless
- 03:40 - Productivity gains
- 05:24 - The transition process and developing their own ERP
- 09:04 - Advice for getting started on a paperless transition
- 11:45 - Elimination of papercuts!
- 13:20 - Running parallel facilities on the power of paperless