The Kaizen Way
A deep understanding of Kaizen, which means to change for the better, will change the way you look at process improvement forever. In this course, which is also from the School of Lean, you'll learn what Kaizen is as well as how to run a kaizen event. To be sure, continuous improvement projects don't have to take months to complete. In fact, a Six Sigma project may include one, or more, kaizen events as the team works to improve the process.
Preparing for the Kaizen Event
Learn how to use our Kaizen Event Timeline to plan your Kaizen Event.
- 0:53 - The Kaizen Event Timeline
- 1:30 - The first three tasks
- 2:22 - Data collection
- 3:00 - Team member and leader selection
- 4:26 - The ⅓ rule
- 5:04 - Setting the timing
- 5:49 - Facilities preparation
- 6:07 - The Kaizen team package
- 6:27 - Communication