Great strategies often fail because of poor execution. To avoid that fate, business leaders must focus not only on big picture goal-setting but on facilitating an action plan that makes business objectives into reality.
Hoshin Planning, also known as Hoshin Kanri or Policy Deployment, is a Lean management methodology designed to connect strategic planning with execution by engaging all levels of an organization and creating a culture around communication.
In this Hoshin video course, you’ll learn how to implement this strategy by aligning daily activities with breakthrough goals.
What You’ll Learn in this Policy Deployment Training Course
This 11-part series explains the role Hoshin Planning plays in keeping an organization focused on the same high-level goals. We’ll walk you through each of the 7 Steps in the Hoshin Planning process that you can take to plan, develop, implement, and continuously build on to achieve success.
In this Hoshin Planning training course, you’ll:
- Develop an understanding of the core principles of Hoshin Kanri and how this methodology is applied within both Lean and Kaizen practices.
- Receive a roadmap for an effective policy deployment strategy that connects high-level goals with the actions and the resources needed for successful execution.
- Define breakthrough goals and annual objectives, and learn to develop teams around those target objectives.
- Learn to make important decisions using the catchball process for communicating objectives from the top down with cascading two-way feedback loops.
- Learn to properly utilize A3s, Balanced Scorecards, X Matrices to review progress toward key objectives and apply the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) Cycle to drive improvements and take corrective action as needed.
Benefits of Gemba Academy’s Online Hoshin Planning Training Course
Done right, Hoshin sets the stage for continuous improvements in several areas including, innovation, delivery, quality, and cost-savings. This policy deployment training course gives organizations the tools they need to realize those benefits and continue building a Lean management strategy from a solid foundation.
Gemba Academy’s online training platform is designed to bring Lean and Six Sigma continuous improvement principles and practices to organizations in all sectors.
Key benefits include:
Learn at your own pace through short, interactive video content built to maximize retention. All videos range between 5 – 15 minutes and make it easy for companies to deploy consistent leadership training that fits learners’ busy schedules and won’t waste their time.
Practical Lessons You Can Put to Work
Gemba Academy courses teach clients how to effectively identify, understand, and solve problems. We also provide downloadable reporting templates and checklists that users can start implementing immediately.
Rooted in real-world knowledge
Course material is created by practitioners for practitioners, and offers actionable insights, downloadable templates, and practical examples that help learners apply new information on the job.